Accepted and Forthcoming Papers
Hébert B., La’O J., Information Acquisition, Efficiency, and Non-Fundamental Volatility (Accepted, Journal of Political Economy. New version: December 2022)
Hébert B., Woodford M., Rational Inattention when Decisions Take Time. Journal of Economic Theory, 208, March 2023.
- This paper contains our work on rational inattention in dynamic models
- Subsumes part of working papers “Rational Inattention with Sequential Information Sampling”, “Information Costs and Sequential Information Sampling”, and “Rational Inattention in Continuous Time”
- Replication code for figures (.zip): Here
Du W., Hébert B., Wang A., Are Intermediary Constraints Priced? Review of Financial Studies. (New version: February 2022)
- Slides: Are Intermediary Constraints Priced? Slides.
- Note: slides data sample period differs slightly from published version
Dávila E., Hébert B., Optimal Corporate Taxation Under Financial Frictions Review of Economic Studies. (New version: September 2022)
Hébert B., Woodford M., Neighborhood-Based Information Costs. American Economic Review, 111(10), pp.3225-55.
- This paper contains our work on neighborhood-based information costs in static models
- Subsumes part of working papers “Rational Inattention with Sequential Information Sampling” and “Information Costs and Sequential Information Sampling”
Hartman-Glaser, B., Hébert B., The Insurance is the Lemon: Failing to Index Contracts. The Journal of Finance, 75: 463-506. doi:10.1111/jofi.12856.
- Slides (slightly outdated): The Insurance is the Lemon Slides
Hébert, Benjamin. Moral Hazard and the Optimality of Debt. The Review of Economic Studies, Volume 85(4): 2214–2252, October 1, 2018.
- Slides: Moral Hazard and the Optimality of Debt Presentation Slides
- Errata: Correction of an equation in Appendix C (Calibration), calibrationerrata.pdf
Hébert, Benjamin, and Jesse Schreger. The Costs of Sovereign Default: Evidence from Argentina. American Economic Review, 107(10): 3119-45. 2017.
- Online Appendix: The Costs of Sovereign Default: Evidence from Argentina
- Slides: Costs of Sovereign Default Slides
A review article by several co-authors that incorporates “Most Reported Genetic Associations With General Intelligence Are Probably False Positives.”
Chabris CF, Hébert B, Benjamin DJ, Beauchamp J, Cesarini D, van der Loos M, Johannesson M, Magnusson PKE, Lichtenstein P, Atwood CS, et al. Most Reported Genetic Associations With General Intelligence Are Probably False Positives. Psychological Science. 2012.
Fuster A, Hébert B, Laibson D. Investment Dynamics with Natural Expectations. International Journal of Central Banking. 2012.
Part of a conference in honor of Ben Friedman.
Fuster A, Hébert B, Laibson D. Natural Expectations, Macroeconomic Dynamics, and Asset Pricing. NBER Macroeconomics Annual. 2011.
Hébert B., Externalities as Arbitrage (New Version: August 2022)
Du W., Hébert B., Li W., Intermediary Balance Sheets and the Treasury Yield Curve (New Version: December 2022)
- Slides: Intermediary Balance Sheets and Treasury Yield Curve Slides
- Liberty Street Economics (NY Fed) blog post
Hébert B., Zhong W., Engagement Maximization (New Paper, July 2022)
- Slides: Engagement Maximization Slides