- Professor: Susan Athey, Economics 243, 725-8696, Office hours: Monday 3-4, Thursday 11-12.
- Teaching Assistant: Matthew Osborne, Office hours Monday 7pm to 9pm, Econ 139.
- Administrative Assistant: Kelly Carson, Economics 252.
Course Description and Reading List
- Course Description
- Reading List
Lecture Schedule and Reading Assignments
- Regular Meetings: MW 1:15-3:05 p.m., 260-113.
- Sections (attendence optional): Thursday 7pm Econ 140, Friday 11 a.m. 200-202
- Reading Assignment Schedule with links to lecture notes!
- Reading assignment on Monopoly for Monday, October 7
- Reading assignment on Price Discrimination for Monday, October 14
- Reading assignment on Breakfast Cereals: for Monday, October 21: Read Case Study 11.3 and Example 11.1 in Church and Ware, answer discussion questions given in class
- Reading assignment on Predation for Wednesday, November 13
Competitive Strategy Game Announcements
- Link to class information, instructions, etc. for game.
- Link to CSG website.
- Seventh strategies due at 10 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 21.
- Final CSG writeup due at 10 a.m. Tuesday, December 3. Go to the coursework web page to turn in the assignment.
- There will be no class meeting on Wednesday, November 27. You should use the extra time to meet with your team and work on the CSG writeup.
- Team assignments have been made, as described in class. You should have received an email with your team name and password.
- Midterm is Nov. 4, in class. Solutions and grades will be available Nov. 13, in class.
- Final is (according to registrar’s page) Friday, Dec. 13, 8:30 a.m.
Problem Sets and Solutions
- New instructions for submitting problem set 1: Go to the coursework web page, select Econ 157, and upload your problem set files. The first time you go to the coursework web page you will need to register and add the course Econ 157. If you have any problems, email them to Matthew Osborne before the deadline.
- Problem Set 1, due Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 5 p.m.
- Problem Set 2, due Thursday, Oct. 24 at 5 p.m.
- Problem Set 3, Due Thursday, Nov. 7 at 5 p.m. (to Matt Osborne’s cubicle)
- Problem Set 4, Due Thursday, Dec. 5 at 5 p.m. (to Matt Osborne’s cubicle)
- Practice Problems for the final, to be reviewed in section Dec. 5/6
Lecture Notes and Handouts
- See the annotated Reading Assignment Schedule.